Mock Caramel Apple Crisp
10 cups peeled and sliced zucchini (apple sized wedges)
6 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup sweetener, I used ½ swerve and ½ xylitol.
½ cup salted caramel Jordans sugar free skinny syrup
1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup psyllium husk
1/4 cup erythritol or Swerve
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
This recipe works best if you use rather large zucchini. The ones that are overgrown in your garden work very well because you’ll be trimming out the seeds and you will only leave the meat of the zucchini to slice.
1. Peel, quarter or cut into sixths if you zucchini is very large.
2. Slice your zucchini wedges into ½ to ⅔ inch pieces
3. Mix your sliced zucchini in a large bowl and coat with lemon juice
4. Mix in all other ingredients and pour into a 9x13 baking pan
5. Spread the topping ingredients evenly over the top of the zucchini
If you want to expand the recipe for a larger pan you can still use the same recipe it will accommodate up two or three more cups of zucchini. Since zucchini is not as tart or sour as an apple the recipe can expand to accommodate your needs. Adding more sweetener to your taste depends on your personal preference.
Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly in the center. In my oven it's approximately 45 minutes.