Amount Per Serving
Total Fat16.0 g
Saturated Fat9.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat5.2 g
Total Carbohydrate1.4 g
Dietary Fiber0.1 g
Basil Chicken with Shallots
2-3 large or 8 small chicken breasts
2 shallots sliced
1 T pink sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp coursely ground black pepper
3 or 4 turns of garlic salt from a grinder (if available)
8 teaspoons of grassfed butter
1. If using large chicken breasts cut the chicken in halves or thirds and slice in half horizontally to make the pieces much thinner. This helps to reduce baking time and let the chicken bake evenly.
2. Melt 1 stick of grassfed butter and spread a little in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
3. Dice enough fresh basil to make 6 to 8 tablespoons and mix with the remaining melted butter.
4. Sprinkle the black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and onion powder over the top of the chicken.
5. Place the chicken in the baking dish and spread butter and basil mixture over the top of each piece of chicken.
6. Slice the shallots thinly and place on top the chicken breasts.
7. Bake @350 for 30 minutes or until done.